COATING WITH BROADCAST
- CLEAN SURFACE: Cut or chip vertical lip around repair area to 1/4” depth or more. Remove dirt, debris, paint and contaminants to produce a clean, dry solid base. Mechanically clean area with blaster, scarifier, chipping hammer, grinder or wire wheel as needed. Vacuum or blow clean to remove excess dust.
- FLEXPRIME: Mix equal parts A & B, then apply very thin coat to prepped area using a brush, roller or spray bottle. (avoid puddles/ridges). Thin w/ up to 1-part acetone for easy application and penetration. Allow FlexPrime to become very tacky before applying FlexKRETE.
- FLEXKRETE: Open pail & power-mix for 30–60 seconds w/ corded drill to disperse material.
- MEASURE FLEXKRETE: Measure and pour amount needed into clean mixing pail.
- CATALYZE: Loosen lid on catalyst bottle then squeeze bottle to fill chamber w/ amount needed and pour catalyst into mixing pail, power-mix for 30–60 seconds w/ thinset mixer paddle.
- APPLY CATALYZED FLEXKRETE: Pour Ribbon of material onto repair area. Using a 3/8” roller or squeegee, apply the material to desired depth. Normal thickness for coating-broadcasts are 10-mil to 20-mils. This translates to 80-160 sq. ft. per gallon. depending on broadcast material and substrate condition. Back roll material and then immediately broadcast.
- APPLY BROADCAST: Immediately broadcast to refusal with aggregate and allow to cure. Sweep excess aggregate from surface & open to traffic.
NOTE - TOPCOAT: A final topcoat may be applied, such as FlexAspartic or FlexSealer.
QUICK REFERENCE AND TIPS
EXPANSION JOINTS: Retain joints by inserting a spacer board, FlexKRETE the edges, let cure for 30 minutes, then tap board end to remove.
COLOR MATCHING: For a more gray appearance, use less sand. Use more sand for tan. Adding fumed silica also creates a more gray color.
FLEXTEMP ACCELERATOR: Speeds cure time and is great for cold temperatures as low as -35° F. NEVER MIX FLEXTEMP DIRECTLY WITH FLEXKRETE CATALYST - MIX IN SEPARETLY.
PROPER MIXING: Always power-mix using a variable speed electric drill w/ a rectangle thinset mixing paddle. Towable mixers are recommended for large projects.
VEHICULAR TRAFFIC: Apply a double-broadcast.
PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC: Applying a single broadcast is typically sufficient.
INDUSTRIAL SHOP FLOORS: Depending on traffic, a single or double-broadcast can be applied.
BALCONIES & WALKWAYS: For light traffic, applying a single broadcast is typically sufficient.
EASY TROWELING: Keep stainless trowels clean by wiping with acetone frequently.
CLEANING TOOLS: Use only acetone to clean all tools and equipment. as FlexAspartic or FlexSealer.