Concrete Curb Patching 101.
The City of Plano, Texas was impressed.
Problem: Broken nose medians from constant impact of traffic (tires)
Solution: Permanent repair with FlexKRETE which endures constant traffic
1. Remove loose concrete and debris to produce a solid, clean, dry substrate
2. As joint runs under the curb, cut rebar to allow for natural movement
3. Open pail, then "power-mix" for 60 seconds to blend thoroughly
4. Pour and mix ½ pint of FlexKrete resin with designated catalyst for 30 seconds
5. Brush onto surface as prime coat and allow to "tack" to occur
6. Pour and mix 2 quarts FlexKRETE resin with designated amount of catalyst, for 30 seconds
7. Add 6 quarts (3:1) kiln dried 20-50 mesh sand, 2 quarts fumed silica, mix for 60 seconds
8. Place board or cardboard at back of repair to act as form
9. Place material into void and trowel smooth with stainless trowel
10. Cut or slice joint through middle of curb
Clean tools with acetone
Material Costs and Completion Time (Approximate)
Completion Time: 45 minutes
For information about the FlexKrete Advantage call FlexKRETE at 972-964-8707.
Questions? Call 972-964-8707 or email us at email@example.com.