CASE STUDY: Repairing Potholes Permanently
CUSTOMER: Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, Fort Worth, TX.
PROBLEM: Airport runway, joint break resulting in pothole
SOLUTION: Permanent joint and pothole repair using FlexKrete
1. Cut around broken area (pothole), remove all broken and loose pieces
2. Blow or vacuum dirt and dust from void
3. Apply very thin coat of FlexPrime and allow to tack
4. Catalyze FlexKrete with catalyst, mixing in 3 parts kiln dried sand
5.Trowel in place, groove or tine as needed
1. Permanent Repair - won't crack or pop out
2. Compressive strength, abrasion/impact resistant, resilient, and many times that of concrete
3. Not affected by inclement weather, rain, freeze and thermal shock
Material Costs and Completion Time (Approximate)
Completion Time: 1.0 hour (estimated)
For information about the FlexKrete Advantage, call FlexKrete at 972-964-8707.