Basic Mixing and Application Instructions Most Repairs
Concrete is everywhere and much of it will eventually need repair. Most common concrete repairs occur on horizontal (flat) surfaces. Roadways, driveways, sidewalks, patios, floors, parking lots - at commercial, industrial, residential and civil infrastructure properties - all have concrete spalling, cracks, potholes and broken joints that can be repaired using FlexKRETE Superior Concrete Repair Material.
- CLEAN SURFACE: Cut or chip vertical lip around repair area to 1/4” depth or more. Remove dirt, debris, paint and contaminants to produce a clean, dry solid base. Mechanically clean area with blaster, scarifier, chipping hammer, grinder or wire wheel as needed. Vacuum or blow clean to remove excess dust.
- FLEXPRIME: Mix equal parts A & B, then apply very thin coat to prepped area using a brush, roller or sprayer (avoid puddles/ridges). Thin with up to 1-part acetone for easy application and penetration. Allow FlexPrime to become very tacky before applying FlexKRETE.
- FLEXKRETE: Open pail and power-mix for 60 seconds w/ corded drill to disperse material.
- MEASURE FLEXKRETE: Measure and pour amount needed into clean mixing pail.
- CATALYZE: Loosen catalyst bottle lid, fill chamber with amount needed. Remove lid and pour catalyst into mixing pail, power-mix for 30 seconds.
- MEASURE & ADD AGGREGATE: Add 3 to 3.5 parts clean dry sand into mixing pail containing catalyzed FlexKRETE, then power-mix until well blended.
- APPLY MATERIAL: Pour into void, and then fill flush, pushing firmly into voids. Trowel smooth using long, smooth strokes. Sprinkle sand onto wet surface to reduce tack.
NOTE: PRIMER - A Spray Bottle may be used to apply primer.
QUICK REFERENCE AND TIPS
EXPANSION JOINTS: Retain joints by inserting a spacer board, FlexKRETE the edges, let cure for 30 minutes, then tap board end to remove.
COLOR MATCHING: For a more gray appearance, use less sand. Use more sand for tan. Adding fumed silica also creates a more gray color.
FLEXTEMP ACCELERATOR: Speeds cure time and is great for cold temperatures as low as -35° F. NEVER MIX FLEXTEMP DIRECTLY WITH FLEXKRETE CATALYST - MIX IN SEPARETLY.
PROPER MIXING: Always power-mix using a variable speed electric drill w/ a rectangle thinset mixing paddle. Towable mixers are recommended for large projects.
EASY TROWELING: Keep stainless trowels clean by wiping with acetone frequently.
CLEANING TOOLS: Use only acetone to clean all tools and equipment.
QUESTIONS? Call Us: 972-964-8707 Email Us: email@example.com.