Repairing Steps Has Never Been Easy - Until Now.
CASE STUDY: Permanent Concrete Steps Repair
Customer: United States Postal Office, Ohio
Problem: Broken and Slippery Concrete Steps
Solution: Permanent repair and apply non-slip surface
- Remove loose concrete and debris to produce a solid, clean, dry substrate
- Open pail, then 'power-mix' for 60 seconds to blend thoroughly
- Pour and mix ½ pint of FlexKrete resin with designated catalyst for 30 seconds
- Brush onto surface as prime coat and allow to 'tack'
- Pour and mix 2 quarts FlexKrete resin with 1 ounce of catalyst, for 30 seconds
- Add 4 quarts kiln dried 20-50 mesh sand, 4 quarts fumed silica, mix for 60 seconds
- Place material into void and trowel smooth with stainless trowel
- Allow to set
Apply FlexKrete Non-skid Coating
- Clean steps to produce a solid, clean, dry substrate
- Combine 1 pint FlexPrime 'A' with 1 pint FlexPrime 'B' and power mix for 30 seconds
- Roll very thin, smooth coat onto surface without puddles or ridges
- Allow to tack for approximately 30 minutes
- Measure and pour proper amount of FlexKrete 'for risers only' (75-100 sf/gal) into clean dry mixing container
- Add designated amount of catalyst and power-mix for 30 seconds
- Add equal parts fumed silica and power-mix for 30 seconds
- Immediately broadcast color quartz into wet FlexKrete until desired coverage is achieved
- Blow loose loose material from area; measure and pour FlexKrete needed for 'HORIZONTALS'
- Add designated amount of catalyst and power mix for 30 seconds
- Roll very thin, smooth coat onto surface, without puddles or ridges
- Broadcast desired color quartz to refusal
- Allow to cure, then remove excess quartz granules
- With pump sprayer, apply FlexKrete Sealer in 1-2 coates as desired
Material Costs and Completion Time (Approximate)
Fumed Silica 0.50
Color Quartz 49.00
Completion Time: 1.5 hours
For information about the FlexKrete Advantage call FlexKrete at 972-964-8707.
Questions? Call 972-964-8707 or email us at email@example.com.